Saturday, June 18, 2011 | By: sunnysuomi

Vision - my fishing companion is broken

Recently fishing was superb, especially during the night and early mornings. Although, we have plenty of light at those times, my casting seem to suffer. I managed to hook a branch and brake off the tip of my first fly-rod, a Vision 3-zone. The tip itself was replaced already, but now I have to make a decision to buy a new tip or retire this rod. Its ferrules are quite worn off and the rod itself seen about 7 summers. The Vision customer service is one of my favorite, they are very quick to answer, always offer solutions and not try to find excuses. I need to think about the options, buy a new tip, buy another rod, look for someone who needs the lower parts of this rod. One hand, I landed close to 500 trout on this rod and think it is part of my "fishing mojo". :) On the other hand, I could buy one of the latest Vision rods. Hmmm.

UPDATE: Of course, Vision customer service replied to my request on the same day. They could send a new tip for a reasonable amount and recommended two of their new rods. As I wrote, the rod (and model) is quite old & not sold anymore, but Vision supports their products. I had couple of bad experiences with another brand, namely they told me that no replacement available anymore and I should buy one of their other rods. So, I respect Vision for their customer service and continue buying their products. I bought one of their kit (great price / quality) and a better wading jacket. Now, it's time to cast and drift some more flies.

0 comments: