Saturday, May 8, 2010 | By: sunnysuomi

Fun whole day

Today, I got up early to go fishing. :)
As last week fishing was great, I had no anticipation of hooking lots of trout (rule of stocking). Already at the first cast, I was proved to be wrong. I hooked and landed a nice bow! After which, I done a few LDRs (long-distance release) and lost quite a few of my new and successful new ties. :( However, the fun continued and I landed and released over 15 fish. I took many photos, some keepers. The weather was wet and bitterly cold. I felt cold despite multi-layered and waterproof clothing, but the continuous action kept me going. :)
The water level is even higher than last week. So, you have to know where to look for the fish. Wading is still prohibited, which makes casting and landing bit more challenging. Hopefully, this restriction will bring new generation of trout to our stream. Today, I also heard a rumor that someone caught a fat brownie over 70 cm in our water. It would be a great sign. She was C&R.

0 comments: